Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Newcomer Q&A: Luke Burch

Luke Burch
#2, OF

How did you end up at Kent State after playing at Ashland University last season?

I decided to come here a week before school started, actually.  It was a pretty complicated process, and I had to get a release from Coach Schaly (Ashland head coach) five days before Ashland started, so it was kind of hard to do.

I wanted to come here so I went through my old summer coach and he talked to the coaches here and they came and watched me work out, so that’s kind of how it happened.

What would you say is the biggest difference now being at a Division I program?

The competition, the players are a lot better.  Facing our pitchers every day that throw 90, it’s a lot different.  The school is completely different.  My biggest walk to class last year was maybe five minutes and now to walk across campus is maybe 20-30.

How do you think fall ball went this year?

Pretty well.  I enjoyed playing because I won’t be able to play this year.  It was fun, I’m glad I came here.

What is your biggest goal, personally or as a team, for this upcoming season?

I can’t do a lot personally, but I’d like the team to make it to Omaha this year.  And it would be great to win a MAC championship.


No comments:

Post a Comment