Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Coming to Kent State


Brandon Larson,
Volunteer Assistant Coach

I wanted to come to Kent State because of Jeff Duncan.  Jeff and I played our last year together and actually roomed together.  Mid-way through the season he retired and took a volunteer job at Auburn.  That was about six years ago, and I told him that was something I might be interested in some day.  He said when he became a head coach and had a spot open he’d call me.

So, six years later, the day after he was named head coach at Kent State, he called me.  I thought I had to come here and check it out.  In this day and age it’s very rare for someone to keep their word like that, and I’ve been loving it ever since.

Ball players never think about coaching when they’re playing ball because they want to play forever.  I miss being around it at a high level.  This afforded me the opportunity to be around it at a high level again and I’m having a blast doing it.



No comments:

Post a Comment